Manuel Antonio / Quepos is one of the most popular areas in the country. The National Park has some of the most beautiful beaches in all of Costa Rica, and is simply teeming with wildlife. The tambolo here is one of the most perfect in the world.
Built up from thousands of years of wave-action, the narrow isthmus connects the island to the mainland. Three of the four species of monkey found in Costa Rica are present here, as are dozens of species of birds. The stunning National park used to be the only game in town. But as the area has become more popular, the options have grown.
The billfishing in this area is some of the finest in the world, with many world records taken off the coast here. There are a multitude of tours to keep the active visitor happy. Jungle canopy tours, whitewater rafting, horseback tours, ATV tours, even ultralight flights are available here. In the evenings, head out to any of the fine little restaurants for fresh seafood at bargain prices. This is an easy area to get around – you will not need a car.
There is a seven-kilometer long road leading from the little fishing town of Quepos and ending at the National Park. All along this road you can find a dizzying array of hotels. From cozy and inexpensive locally owned hotels to small elegant villa type hotels that are offered at movie star prices. This area has it all.
- Hotel Plaza Yara $ – Budget hotel with all the amenities you expect from a more expensive property
- Karahe Hotel and Villas $ – located on the beach, 10 minutes from Manuel Antonio National Park, sportfishing is wonderful here
- Hotel Costa Verde $$ – set on a mountain with views of the Pacific, this hotel caters to you, the individual, and your enjoyment of your vacation
- Hotel Villabosque $$
- Hotel Si Como No Resort $$ – $$$
- Hotel San Bada $$ – $$$ -The best location. Close to the beach, at the main entrance of the National Park.
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas & Tulemar Bungalows $$$$
- The Reserve at Las Alta $$$$
- Arenas Del Mar $$$$
The per night rate for the hotels in this area are priced as follows.
$$$$: $300.00 and above
$$$: $175.00 – $300.00
$$: $100.00 – $175.00
$: Under $100.00